Many living things on earth follow a cyclical growth process, for eg. a human embryo grows into a fetus, then into a baby, this baby then grows up to a child...then changes into an adult...then an
old person ...and then finally dies. This cyclical change also occurs in hair....where the hair follicle gives rise to a hair ...it grows and then finally dies or enters a resting stage and sheds off the hair. Everyone loses hair. It is normal to lose about 50-100 hair every day. Hair fall is a normal occurrence and it is only when hair regeneration stops that you identify the onset of hair loss or baldness. Hair loss is a very rampant problem today. Approximately twenty-five percent of men who suffer with male pattern baldness begin the painful process before they reach the age of twenty-one. 40% of men have noticeable hair loss by age 35, 65% by age 60, and 80% by age 80. Mistakenly thought to be a strictly male disease, women actually make up forty to fifty percent of hair loss sufferers. Hair loss in women can be absolutely devastating for the sufferer's self-image and emotional wellbeing. Almost 1 in every 4 women suffers from hair loss and thinning hair. Studies also indicate that there has been a 250 per cent increase in hair loss cases during the last five years - the age-group most affected being 16-25.
CAUSES OF HAIRFALL:
• Protein deficiency
• Physical stress
• Too much Vit-A
• Iron Deficiency
• Vit-B deficiency
• Autoimmune Diseases
• Dramatic weight loss
• Drugs treatment like steroids
• Over Styling
If a person looses more than 50-100 hair per day, it is an indicator that the person is not healthy and has some internal problem. So consider excess hairfall as an indication or an alarm that
something is not right within. Check yourself thoroughly and rectify the internal problem...you will automatically notice the positive change in hairfall. Identifying correct cause for hair loss at the onset is very important. This helps in arresting hair loss and further worsening the case. Get yourself diagnosed for different underlying reasons of Hair fall, mainly:
• Low Haemoglobin (Hb)
• Hormonal Imbalances
• Protein & Vitamin Deficiencies (Vit B12 and D3)
• Thyroid Problems (TSH) ….. and take the required treatments to rectify your inner problems & control hair fall.
HAIR CARE REGIMEN SUGGESTED BY AYURVEDA:
• Cleansing: Ayurveda suggested use of different herbs as cleansers like Shikakai, Methi, Ritha, Dioscorea etc.
• Conditioning: Herbs like Hibiscus, Henna, Methi, Costus etc possesses conditioning properties.
• Scalp massage: Scalp massage helps to stimulate hair growth by increasing the blood flow to the scalp & this nourishes the hair roots. Ayurvedic scalp massage is an ancient massage practice which helps relax the body to a great extent.
Benefits of Ayurvedic Scalp Massage: Ayurvedic scalp massage has numerous benefits as follows:-
• It helps deal with hair related problems by increasing blood circulation and penetration of hair oil deep into roots of hair.
• It imparts lustre to hair.
• It calms mind and body and induces sound sleep.